Carly Edwards about Work and Grad School – Social Studies Education at UNC Pembroke by UNC Pembroke

Carly Edwards about Work and Grad School – Social Studies Education at UNC Pembroke by UNC Pembroke

https://ift.tt/2xAlcY2

When I started working, right after I graduated [undergrad], I happened to also get into the [Social Studies Education] program, like, simultaneously. So at the beginning of one week, I got my job then, at the end of the week, I had got accepted into the program. And I had to make that decision, am I going to do both? And at first I was kind of nervous. I was like, oh my God, it's going to be all this extra work on top of the work I'm doing, and I had never been a teacher before. So, walking into the classroom and knowing that I had started the program, making that decision to start, helped me develop into the teacher I am today. Because all of the techniques and stuff they were teaching us in class I was able to actually use. And, especially being a new teacher and not really knowing exactly what to do, having the professors there behind you, kind of walking you through it was very helpful, because I would have been so lost my first year without the program. So, I think the university over all is very flexible, to work with people who are also working at the same time and going to school. Carly Edwards Purnell Swett High School, Social Studies Teacher UNC Pembroke, Class of 2017, 2020 Social Studies Education Program

Uploaded 2020-04-01T01:47:34.000Z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog